- Enemies could sometimes, on very rare occassions, spawn outside of boss rooms, essentially soft locking the level. This has been fixed.
- The background for the top part of the HUD will no longer go transparent after minimizing and re-opening the application.
- The patch note summary pop-up will now only appear the first time the application is opened after updating, as was the case pre version 1.3.2.
- The beam entity of laser hovertanks will no longer linger until the end of the animation before disappearing if the tank itself is destroyed.
- Slightly higher chance for laser hovertanks to drop arm modules and HP/EN pickups.
- Boss rooms can now spawn as invisible rooms, and the internal counter for invisible rooms advances during boss stages as well, resulting in a slight increase in their overall frequency.
This is a rather big update, with the main purpose of making low tier weapons viable to the point where they can at least be useful alternatives to the starting weapon.
- Support for gamepad has been implemented on Android. As of now there is no way to make custom bindings, but the system will likely be improved upon.
- New weapon: Ace Shrapnel - High tier weapon that delivers a steady stream of shrapnel projectiles, much like the streamguns.
- New weapon: Charge Laser - Top tier laser weapon that requires charging, as the name implies. The emitted laser itself lasts a very short time, but deals high damage and can hit any number of enemies in its path.
- The Bouncer has been removed, and the Rapid Bouncer has been moved down a tier so that it can appear earlier.
- Fire type damage bonus against Light armor has been increased from 5% to 10%, and from 40% to 52% against Biological armor.
- Red hovertanks are slightly less aggressive, and their attack pattern is interrupted for 55 steps instead of 32 every time they take damage.
- Blue turrets, bouncing blue turrets, and elite turrets all fire one less bullet per burst, their bullets travel slower, and the turrets themselves have less HP than before. Furthermore, their aim is slightly reduced, they require slightly more time to reload, and the maximum range at which they can lock on to the player is about 10 tiles shorter. The bouncing variation now has Standard type armor, as opposed to Heavy.
- Room generation will on average make blue levels a tad bit smaller than they were before.
- Enemies killed by the explosion caused by the player dying would not count towards the total kill count contending for Personal Best in Arena game modes.
- 4 new weapons (Orthogun, Flame Spear, Scorch Spear, Triple Rocket).
- Analog control sensitivity settings can be set from the Settings menu.
- An extra step has been added to the tutorial, pointing out which status bar corresponds to energy.
- Enemy HP/damage percentage scaling is displayed after each boss.
- An icon has been added to the lower left of the main menu screen showing that pressing there will back out one step.
- On tablet devices, the 'Change weapon' button has been moved slightly down and shifted to the left side of the screen for easier access. The other virtual buttons have been moved a tiny bit further down.
- The Photon Puncher replaces the Railgun as the weapon that is always dropped by an enemy during the tutorial.
- Energy will no longer start recharging as long as the player even attempts to fire.
- Low tier fire based weapons (Sparkgun, Flamethrower, Sleetfire) have received a damage boost, and the Sparkgun's piercing capabilities have been improved.
- Striders (the larger type of the blue four legged enemies) are less aggressive -- they now have a 1/5 chance of firing every time they jump, compared to the previous rate of 1/3.
- Movement and frame modules are introduced to the drop pool one level earlier.
- Invisible walls are supposed to turn visible when the player is near them, but a bug could cause them to remain invisible at all times.
- Turning off 'Always offer tutorial' would sometimes not register correctly.
- Some elements in the top HUD were slightly stretched out on non-16:9 screens.
- An overlay with a black bar could appear on some non-16:9 screens.